Thia is my Blog for my Tv Pilot project.

27th June 2012

Post

My Unit 30 report

Advert Report

17th April 2012

Post

TV Pilot Evaluation


Constraints:

We started with a grand idea, a lot of enthusiasm and too much pride to back down. We had decided to make a fantasy drama with magic and all the props made by hand. We wanted the location to be perfect, and we wanted to be proud of our work.

Due to our burning passion, love of fantasy and over active imaginations we had several ideas and often got into heated group debates about what we should do and how far we can push the “It is a tried and tested formula of fantasy” line without it being plagiarism. Such as the idea of the powerful artefact: we could have it guarded by evil forces, but we can’t make it something like a powerful ring, as JRR Tolkien did. We were often heading towards the land of copyright infringement.

We were also having problems getting filming permission for the main location. We had several back up places, yet they were not free, and did not have everything we needed.  So we could either go over budget, or we could wait and try to get the one location. We tried for months to get hold of the necessary people, and every time we hit complications. Eventually on the day of filming we were given the green light. If that had not happened we might have gotten into trouble for trespassing with camera equipment.


Because we wanted to have implied violence in our pilot, we might have had a few problems with children seeing our pilot, and some of the regulatory bodies such as Ofcom would have contacted us and things could have gotten unpleasant.


With our passions burning and our desires for perfection, we wanted the props to be perfect, and that was the most expensive part of the budget. From costumes and weapons to make up and fake blood, we had so many different ideas. To cut costs, we went to charity shops and used a lot of our own items. I think the main cost was the spray paint for the warrior components. If I remember correctly, we went through 4 or 5 cans of silver, and they ranged from £5.00 - £12.00.

Management:

We used our time in class effectively, as well as using the Wednesday Workshops, and we often used our Facebook page to communicate and plan during the other days. There were days when we basically ended up sitting around waiting for the email confirmation about the filming.

I can say that Crimson was the main leader, she was bossy at times, but it was needed to keep us on track. We would often get side tracked with all the possibilities we could do with the show, at times we had to remember that we were only making pilot advertisers, and not a whole show with 5 seasons. When Crimson was home sick, the rest of us were all able to work independently and were able to accomplish a lot, though we were often able to contact her if we hit a problem or needed a group vote.


Our group has used social networking and other means of communication to ensure the project went well. We have evidence of our Facebook planning, as well as Skype, in class, sms’s and phone calls. There were a few complications with my phone provider not sending the messages along to Stef’s phone, and my Tumblr not sending messages to anyone, but we were able to work around that.

The brief was to create a viral advertising campaign for a TV pilot. I am not sure how viral we are, but we were averaging about 100 hits a day for the first 4 days. We were able to create several trailers and posters, which does meet the advertising part of the brief.
As a group we had set out to make a fantasy drama that we would be proud of. With each completed step we got more and more excited about it, yet also a little sadder: excited because our project was getting closer to our ideas, and sadder because we kept realising that the project was just a project, and not a real show. We would often get lost in planning out ideas for “future episodes”. I think that we are all happy with how we achieved our goal for the TV pilot.

We hadn’t set fixed times until the last month when things were almost finished. We would divide up what we could do, two would work on props, the other two would do admin related tasks or other things. When it came to the week of filming, we had planned our methods of travel, our set times of filming, and everything went better than expected. We were able to film in one day and end earlier than expected.

For the FMP, I have learnt that any project, no matter how ambitious or monolithic it might seem, can be completed if done with the right team, mind set and unwavering passion. As long as we all believe in ourselves, and each other, I do think that the project will be a success.

26th March 2012

Photoset reblogged from tv pilot campaign with 6 notes

More awesome gifs

26th March 2012

Photoset reblogged from tv pilot campaign with 6 notes

Awesome gif

23rd March 2012

Photo with 2 notes

Don’t mess with the Mage!

Don’t mess with the Mage!

Tagged: Gifmagemagicfireballcollegeproject

23rd March 2012

Post with 4 notes

Sketches and things

scanner@bcot.ac.uk_20120306_124645

scanner@bcot.ac.uk_20120306_124233

23rd March 2012

Post with 4 notes

Possible Actors List and Character Names

scanner@bcot.ac.uk_20120306_124712

scanner@bcot.ac.uk_20120306_124712

23rd March 2012

Post with 4 notes

Scrib’d Script Part 1

scanner@bcot.ac.uk_20120306_124422

23rd March 2012

Link

Reign Of Crows Trailer 4 →

Tagged: collegeprojectTVtrailer

23rd March 2012

Link

Reign Of Crows Trailer 3 →

Tagged: collegeprojecttrailer